Friday, July 30, 2010
Well, Im 15 weeks along and I'm told that our little jelly bean is about the size of a soft ball now!! that is so freakin big!!  to most people my belly still looks pretty flat but things they are a changing. At night I feel the biggest and totally see my belly popping out. I feel full all the time and cant eat very large portions. I dont have any strange craving yet, I'm sure that will be changing pretty soon. 

We've decided that jelly bean is going to be born at home not at a hospital.I have a few clients and friends that have recently gone the home route and totally swear by it. So we've been doing a ton of research and interviewed with a few different midwives and doulas. I think we've finally settled on the ones we are going to hire and feel most comfortable with. I never thought that I would want to have our baby anywhere but in a hospital but after studying up on it home birth just makes way more sense for us, it's safer and way more relaxing then a rushed hospital birth. Plus I think the farther I am from the options of drugs the less likely I'll use them. 

So assuming Me and the baby stay low risk we will be setting up a pool in our dinning room and having our baby the old fashion way! 

In other baby news, we will hopefully be finding out Jelly beans gender next thursday! ahhh Im so siked. I've been dying to know. Jesse is so sure it's a boy that he has me convinced it is too. I think it's a girl but jesse has me second guessing it now. I've been told ever wives tale in the book. It's crazy what some people believe.  I thought it would be fun to post some for you.  

  • If you're carrying low, you're having a boy. If you are carrying high, then you must be having a girl. (right now, I think it's to early to tell but I think Im high=girl)

  • take a sample of your urine and mix it with Drano. Depending on the color change of your urine, you will have a boy or a girl. Unfortunately, there is no consensus on what color equals which sex. So, if you do decided to try this and your urine turns bluish yellow, brownish, brown, black or blue you will be having a boy. If your urine looks more greenish brown, green, blue or doesn't change at all, then you're having a girl. (I dont have drano and this one seems dangerous)

  •  If you can't get enough chocolate, you could be having a girl. If your craving  salty or sour things it's a boy!! (boy)

  • if your husband puts on weight during your pregnancy, then you will be having a girl. If he doesn't put on a pound, then you're carrying a boy. ( no weight at all=boy)

  • If the right breast is larger, you're having a boy! A larger left breast indicates a girl. (girl)

  • suspending a ring on a string above your belly. If it swings back and forth, you're having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it's a girl. (boy)

  • Ask yourself what you think you're having. In a study that asked women with no previous knowledge about their baby's sex, the moms-to-be correctly guessed the sex of their baby 71% of the time. (girl)

  • Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. (boy)

  • If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits. (my back is breaking out!!! girl)

  • Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy. (girl)

  • if you crave the heels of bread, you will have a boy; if you like the middle, a girl is on the way. (girl)

  • And the over the counter, ridiculous pee in a cup gender test from target says..... we are having a boy.
So that gives us 5 boys and 6 girls. Moms are always right, right? looks like we are having a girl!! haha well, we will know for sure soon. 

xoxo 





0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
amy jean
hawaii
happily married, two amazing children Jovi and Nixon. living my dream life in Hawaii
View my complete profile